- Powdered Milk—— ——-500g
- Water ———–4liters
- Yoghurt culture—10g
(You can also use fresh unsweetened natural yoghurt as your culture to make your own homemade delicious yoghurt.)
- Vanilla flavour or any other flavour of your choice
- Dilute the milk with the water in a bowl and transfer the mixture into a pot
- Bring the diluted milk to a boil, bring down from fire, pour into a bowl that has cover but don’t cover immediately, allow it to become warm, not totally cold. ( the essence of boiling is to get ride of germs).
- When the milks is warm, pour the yoghurt culture/starter in a little plate, pour a little quantity of the boiled milk in to the culture/starter, dilute it and then pour it back into the main milk.
- Cover it and keep in a warm place, where it will not be disturbed and allow it to ferment for 10 -12 hours or preferably over night.
- When it properly ferments (i.e) the next day, open the bucket and stir, if it’s too thick, you can add more water to it.
- Add you sugar to taste and vanilla flavor or any other flavor of your choice, stir well to combine to whole ingredients properly and then sieve to remove the chaff.
- Your yoghurt is ready for consumption, so easy to make. You can put in the fridge cos it’s best served chilled.