Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has confirmed the arrest of five of the killers of worshippers at St Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.

Akeredolu confirmed this in Akure on Tuesday.

The governor said, “I can confirm what the CDS has said. They were arrested last week and the photographs of the suspects were forwarded to me.

Advertisements

“About five of them have been arrested while they are on the trail of others.”

HAVE YOU READ?:  U.S. condemns Plateau attacks, warns on illicit arms ahead of 2019 polls

DAILY POST reports that on June 5, terrorists attacked St. Francis Catholic Church, Owaluwa Street, Owo, during church service.

The Chief of Defence Staff, Lucky Irabor, had earlier on Tuesday said those behind the Owo attack have been arrested.

Irabor stated this during a meeting with editors and media executives in Abuja.

Advertisements