The Lagos State Police Command has confirmed the electrocution of a casual worker at a factory in the Isolo area.

The incident was reported on Tuesday at approximately 5:06 pm by the company’s manager to the Aswani Police Division.

SP Benjamin Hundeyin, the command’s spokesperson, stated that the worker was electrocuted while refilling an industrial chiller with water.

Advertisements

Following the incident, the victim was rushed to a private hospital in Isolo and subsequently referred to Isolo General Hospital. Unfortunately, the worker was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending doctor.

HAVE YOU READ?:  Court hears suit against Lagos okada ban Dec 15

“No physical injury was observed on the corpse. The body has been removed and deposited at the morgue for autopsy. Meanwhile, investigation into the case is in progress,” Hundeyin said.