Days after the 2023 general elections, insecurity in Rivers State appears to be on the rise.

Within one week, several persons have been reported missing in the State.

DAILY POST reports that the worst hit locations are Igwuruta, Eneka, Nkpor in Rumuolumeni and Mile 3, Diobu axis of Port Harcourt.


About 7 days ago, one Chukwuebuka Julius was reported missing in Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the state. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Similarly, one 25-year-old Chukwuebuka, who is into interior decoration and furniture, was reported to have left his home at Rumuolumeni community in Obio-Akpor area last Tuesday to Wimpy in Port Harcourt for a job.

The elder brother to the missing young man, Ejike Julius in an interview with DAILY POST disclosed that his brother’s colleague told him that Chukwuebuka received a phone call to come for a job estimation in Choba but never returned.

“My mum and my sisters were calling me saying that they’ve not seen Ebuka since Tuesday and his line was not connecting.


“On Friday, I had to invite the apprentice that worked with him to my mum’s place to question him about my brother’s whereabouts.

“He said he was at home when Ebuka called him to meet him where they are working at Wimpy.

HAVE YOU READ?:  PDP postpones NEC meeting over 2023 timetable, manifesto drafting committee

“He said Ebuka told him he was going to Choba to take measurements, but he was uncertain if he used public transportation or used a bolt.

“We have reported his disappearance to the police.

“It’s been about seven days now since he went missing,” he said.


On his part, Prestige Ikechi, who is the boss to the missing Chukwuebuka Julius, also spoke on his inability to reach out to his apprentice.

“I travelled and came back on the same Tuesday. I communicated with him earlier on Monday.

“I got back Wednesday morning; I saw his mother at my gate, she was crying that she cannot find Ebuka.

“So, I told her that maybe he went for a job and was unable to come back.

“That Wednesday, we were calling his phone but he wasn’t picking, until in the evening, the phone stopped ringing.

“On Wednesday, we reported to the local police around here,” he disclosed.

Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Rivers State Police command, Grace Iringe-Koko when contacted, assured that once the incidents were properly reported to the police, adequate action would be taken.

DAILY POST reports that no ransom demand has been placed on any of the missing persons as of the time of filing this report.