A 35-year-old-man identified as Isah Umar has lost his life in a fire outbreak that occurred at Bosuwa village in Maigatari local Government Area of Jigawa State.
The inferno also destroyed properties worth millions of naira.
A resident told DAILY POST that the incident happened on Wednesday night following a spark from a high tension cable.
He said the fire also razed down a hospital, school, mosque and many houses.
The source further explained that the incident, however, forced residents to flee to a graveyard for their lives.
Police spokesman in the state, ASP Lawan Shiisu Adam, confirmed the incident.
According to him “The incident occurred on 4/5/2022 at about 0450hrs, when power was restored, a high tension electric cable sparked, as a result, the house of one Isah Umar ‘m’ age 35, of Bosuwa village Maigatari LGA very close to that high tension and made up of cornstalk caught fire.”
He added that in the process of removing his properties from the house, the fire burnt his body.
Shiisu said a team of policemen visited the scene and with help of good Samaritans, the fire was put off.
He said the victim was rushed to Gumel Hospital and died while receiving treatment.
The local government chairman Hon. Uzairu Nadabo, however, consoled the family of the deceased and those that lost their valuables to the fire disaster.