Home News Rangnick Clarifies Ronaldo’s Manchester United Future

Rangnick Clarifies Ronaldo’s Manchester United Future

by OtownGist
0 comment

Ralf Rangnick has revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo will be staying at Manchester United next season despite plans to sign two new strikers this summer.

Rangnick is set to make way for incoming head coach Erik ten Hag at Old Trafford once the season is complete.

And Ten Hag’s impending arrival has cast doubts over the futures of several first-team players, including Ronaldo.

The 37-year-old only sealed an emotional return to United last year, snubbing interest from Pep Guard’s Manchester City

HAVE YOU READ?:  CAF postpones inter-clubs finals

Though while he has produced a return of 24 goals in 37 appearances, one of which came in Monday’s 3-0 win over Brentford, Ronaldo’s off-the-ball work has been scrutinised regularly throughout the campaign.

Many believe he will not suit Ten Hag’s modern philosophy, which consists of intense pressing high up the pitch.

Ronaldo has therefore been linked with a move away from United in recent months, however Rangnick does not expect him to depart anytime soon.

HAVE YOU READ?:  Don’t rip your stomach open – APC chair, Adamu cautions Amaechi, El-Rufai for criticising Buhari

After their final home game of the season against Brentford, the German was asked if Ronaldo’s lap of honour was a ‘wave of goodbye’.

“I don’t think why it should be a wave of goodbye,” Rangnick told Stadium Astro. “He’s got another year of contract and as far as I know he will be here next season again.”

Despite his claim that Ronaldo is staying put, Rangnick indicated before Monday’s win over Brentford that United will look to add two or three new strikers to their ranks in the summer.

HAVE YOU READ?:  Invest in education – NANS to Southwest governors

The interim boss, who will take up a consultancy role at the club when Ten Hag arrives, says minor changes will not be enough to propel them up the table next season.

He told Sky Sports: “There should be two or three new strikers next season, it’s pretty obvious.”

You may also like

Leave a Comment