A fire broke out early Wednesday morning at the Afor Nnobi Market, located by Nnobi Roundabout in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra. The blaze consumed two shops, destroying goods, including household items and clothing, worth millions of Naira.

The Chief Fire Officer of the Anambra Fire Service confirmed the incident to reporters in Onitsha.

Chiketa reported, “The Anambra Fire Service received a distress call at 7:52 am about a fire at Afor Market. Firefighters and a fire truck from the Nnewi Fire Station were dispatched immediately to the scene and managed to contain the blaze.”

Advertisements
HAVE YOU READ?:  AUOF begins shopping for next Owerri Zone Senate

Fortunately, no lives were lost, though the fire heavily damaged two shops. The cause of the fire is believed to be a power surge in one of the affected shops.

Chiketa emphasized the importance of prompt reporting, noting that the time of the call significantly impacts the response time. He also reminded the public that while fire is dangerous, it can often be prevented with proper precautions.