Though the election of the actors guild of Nigeria AGN Imo State Chapter has come and gone, Imo State born radio presenter Chinomso Theodore Uba, popularly known as NonsoNkwa has sworn that he will stop at nothing until the outcome of the election is nullified.
Nollywood actress Nneoma Ukpanbi emerged winner as the Chairman of the chapter in Imo State with NonsoNkwa initially going public to say that she was disqualified.
I took the intervention of the guild’s National Secretary to clear the air that the light skinned actress was still eligible to run for the position which she won with 104 votes against Austin Awujor and Tony Chukwu who scored 1 and 7 votes respectively.
“I dare to state, that I shall religiously follow up on this until justice must have been seen as served” was NonsoNkwa’s last line on a Facebook where he stated that Nneoma Ukpabi have been found guilty of Fraud, Embezzlement and Nepotism in the guild.
Chinomso Theodore Uba aka NonsoNkwa had previously run for the position of AGN vice chairman, and was also one of the winners in the parallel elections held by members of the guild years back.
“Petitions made to the electoral body over one of the contestants for the position of chairmanship who supposedly ought to have been barred from contesting based on the report by a competent panel of investigation Chaired by Rita Edochie who found the contestant substantially guilty over allegations of Fraud, Embezzlement and Nepotism were brazenly swept under the carpet”
“For any organization to grow, there is a desideratum for progress and success and a shining example is, a JUST and UNBIASED LEADERSHIP; this is dishearteningly lacking in the current crop of leaders piloting the affairs of the AGN both at the National and in the Imo State Chapter. But gladdening, there is still time and space to right these wrongs. Against this backdrop, I am urging the National President to act timeously to correct these advertisements of impunity and anomalies by strict application of the guiding rules and regulations of the Guild (AGN).” he said.
www.otowngist.com gathered that Nneoma Ukpabi reported the Osiza FM Igbo language presenter to the Police for deformation and threat to life and we also gathered that NonsoNkwa shared his invitation letter on a certain WhatsApp group with the caption “and Nneoma Ukpabi reported me”
the outcome of the visit to the police station is still unknown, but www.otowngist.com also gathered that NonsoNkwa was at the police station on February 15, 2021.
The Actors Guild of Nigeria AGN Imo State Chapter has released an official statement through the Public Relations Officer Chuma Mmeka, saying that they are aware of the police invitation to Nonso Nkwa, adding that as a member who is not financially up to date, they are unable to meddle in his affairs.
The release also has it that “Nonsonkwa has cultivated the destructive habit of alleging “on good authority”, unfounded claims of fraud and other character damaging matter against the leadership of the guild nationally and in the state”
“It has become imperative that the said Nonsonkwa be called in to account for his actions and prove his claims in an orderly manner, since he has failed to retract the hate-filled statements or apologize for them. This is very necessary to protect the image of bonafide members and the sanctity of the guild”
“While we may wade into the matter at a more opportune time, we fully, for the time being, support a thorough investigation of the suspect’s conducts and his prosecution if found culpable, so as to serve as a deterrent to others who may stubbornly publish cooked falsehood without acceptable verification or proof in the future”
In the past, Imo AGN election has seen lots of controversies, with four persons fronting themselves as the as state Chairman in 2020 when the election failed to hold because of some complications relating to Covid-19 lockdown.
Nneoma Ukpabi and some of the persons she served with in her first regime have been returned and sworn in but the battle never ends with the likes of Nonso Nkwa to contend with as her tenure kicks off.
She has already called on all members to come back so they can build a new AGN in Imo State, wether NonsoNkwa will turn out to be one such members is still for time to tell.
SEE FULL PRESS RELEASE FROM IMO AGN
The attention of the newly inaugurated Imo State Executive Committee (SEC) of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) has been drawn to the Police Invitation letter extended to and being peddled in the media by Mr. Chinonso Uba (a.k.a. Nonsonkwa).
The said Nonsonkwa, a former Deputy Chairmanship aspirant in AGN Imo and currently an On-Air-Personality with the Osiza FM Radio Owerri, in circulating the invitation letter, mentioned that it was Comrade Nneoma Ukpabi, the new Chairman who had “reported” him.
Ordinarily, we would not have been concerned with or respond to this matter; but in deference to the several inquiries and entreaties made so far by well-meaning persons that the new state exco wades into the matter, we are compelled to make the following statements for the records.
- We are aware that Mr. Chinonso Uba was invited in writing by the Scorpion Squad Unit to submit himself to the Imo State Commissioner of Police on Monday February, 2021. The invitation was despatched after he (Nonsonkwa) evaded police arrest last week Saturday.
- The fact that the matter is a pre-election issue and the said Nonsonkwa not being a financially up-to-date member of the guild, incapacitates this new administration from meddling in the matter.
- That the matter arose as a necessity to put paid to the spreading of false and maligning information by the suspect. It may be recalled that over a period of three years now, the said Nonsonkwa has cultivated the destructive habit of alleging “on good authority”, unfounded claims of fraud and other character damaging matter against the leadership of the guild nationally and in the state. Our leader Comrade Nneoma Ukpabi has been worst hit by these false allegations which we see as calculated attempts by Nonsonkwa to bring the image of the petitioner (a responsible leader and mother) and entire guild into disrepute or public ridicule, for whatever selfish political or other pecuniary gains.
- Nonsokwa while publishing the falsehoods on his radio, facebook page and sensitive profeasional groups has always noted that his information is “on good authority” even when it seems obvious that his spurious claims are but figments of his own imagination.
- It has become imperative that the said Nonsonkwa be called in to account for his actions and prove his claims in an orderly manner, since he has failed to retract the hate-filled statements or apologize for them. This is very necessary to protect the image of bonafide members and the sanctity of the guild.
- While we may wade into the matter at a more opportune time, we fully, for the time being, support a thorough investigation of the suspect’s conducts and his prosecution if found culpable, so as to serve as a deterrent to others who may stubbornly publish cooked falsehood without acceptable verification or proof in the future.
- While on it, in the spirit of comradeship, we advise hereby, that the said Nonsonkwa makes a categorical retraction of his damaging statements and a remorseful apology to both Comrade Nneoma Ukpabi the Imo State Chairman, the national leadership of the guild and indeed all members of our noble guild. Such retractions and apologies must be done on Nonsonkwa’s usual channels/pages on Radio, Facebook, newspaper, and online groups before the end of Monday, February 15, 2021. This will provide the grounds for the state chapter administration to intervene in the matter.
- For the time being, we call on all members of the Imo AGN to remain calm as this investigation is a process that is needed to help restore your faith in the guild and move us forward. We will keep you abreast of further development in the matter, please.
Director of Communications / PRO (AGN Imo State Chapter)
February 15, 2021.