Home NewsNational News Gov Sanwo-Olu bans gathering of more than 50 persons in Lagos

Gov Sanwo-Olu bans gathering of more than 50 persons in Lagos

by OtownGist


Lagos State Government, on Sunday, announced a ban on indoor gatherings of more than 50 persons.

Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who gave the order said it was part of measures to contain the second wave of the COVID19 pandemic in the State.

He said places of worship were exempted from this rule, but that religious gatherings are not to exceed 50 percent capacity of the space.

Sanwo-Olu warned event centres operating outside the acceptable parameters that all those found culpable would be dealt with in full accordance with the provisions of the law.

HAVE YOU READ?:  Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China

“The state government has observed with dismay the widespread flagrant disregard and non-adherence to guidelines and protocols aimed at stemming and curbing the tide of infection.

”In line with the COVID-19 Health Protection Regulations 2021 signed last week by President Muhammadu Buhari, it is hereby directed that no gathering of more than 50 persons shall hold in an enclosed space, except for religious purposes, in which case the gathering shall not exceed 50% capacity of the space,” he said.

Advertisements
HAVE YOU READ?:  Finally!!! Okorocha gets his CoR from INEC

He added that a breach of the provisions of the Presidential Regulations attracts a fine or six months imprisonment, and or both.

DAILYPOST

Advertisements

Leave a Comment

Related Articles