ColdHubs Limited, is a social enterprise that designs, installs, commissions, and operates 100% solar powered walk-in cold rooms in marketplaces and farm clusters, for smallholder farmers, retailers and wholesalers to store and preserve fresh fruits, vegetables and other perishable food 24/7 and extend their shelf life from 2 days to 21 days.
ColdHubs aims to eliminate the impact of food spoilage facing 470 million smallholder farmers globally, due to lack of reliable and well-situated cold storage at key points, within the food supply chain.
Our solar powered walk-in cold rooms branded as – ColdHubs; are specially designed to eliminate losses of fruits, vegetables, and other perishable food due to lack of reliable cold storage completely and increases the income of farmers and retailers because, previous losses have been eliminated.
ColdHubs has been installed in farms, aggregation centers and outdoor marketplaces within the south and north of Nigeria.
ColdHubs is now preparing to launch the logistics arm of its business “ColdHubs Logistics” a new medium and long-haul refrigerated transportation services, picking up fresh fruits, vegetables and other perishable food from ColdHubs in the North of Nigeria and bring them to ColdHubs in the South of Nigeria. ColdHubs Logistics is designed to develop a reputation for an on-time and accurate service as well as sophisticated web and software functionality, allowing smallholder farmers, retailers, and wholesalers to align their business with the services and scheduling automatically.
We seek to hire a full time, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER, to oversee the activities of ColdHubs Logistics.
The Supply Chain Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ColdHubs Limited or his delegated staff, always.
- Supports the on-going establishment of ColdHubs Logistics.
- 10 – 15 years solid, practical, and working knowledge of food logistics or refrigerated transportation services in Nigeria.
- Manages ColdHubs Logistics operations across all sites in Nigeria.
- Reports/works directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), ColdHubs Limited or his delegated staff.
- Regular travels within Nigeria.
- Extremely detailed, with good thought process in administration, management, and use of office support software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Resumes daily at the ColdHubs Limited Headquarters – Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- Establish a complete fresh fruits, vegetables, and other perishable food, refrigerated transport services business.
- Negotiates contracts with smallholder farmers, farmer cooperatives, wholesalers and retailers of fresh fruits, vegetables and others perishable food and their unions, to offer tailor made logistics solutions to them.
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met, keeping an accurate record of the process, and analyzing performance.
- Oversees the pick-up and delivery of goods with a maximum per-delivery weight, to locations in its geographic range by refrigerated long haul trucks, offering both “less than a truck load” and “truck load” services.
- Oversees the haulage of goods from the ColdHubs refrigerated warehouses in farms and aggregation centers, to ColdHubs in marketplaces or other distribution nodes.
- Oversees online tracking information detailing the location of all GPS-tagged trucks and the status of deliveries, including expected arrival times for pick-up or delivery.
- Undertakes phone support for all customer questions, delivery changes, and scheduling.
- Establishes and maintains preferred customer services including online accounts, regular schedules of shipping, or linking of customer order information directly to ColdHubs Logistics scheduling software to allow for seamless logistics.
- Recruits qualified and well-trained Drivers and their Assistants, with spotless records.
- Trains and re-trains Drivers and their Assistants, in line with Drivers Training Manual.
- Allocates routes, pick-up and delivery times to Drivers.
- Purchases and hands over all materials/equipment/supplies needed by Drivers and their Assistants to perform their duties.
- Conducts daily supervision/check-ins/calls with all Drivers and their Assistants.
- Collates and presents daily/weekly/monthly business report to management.
- Recommends logistics staff to management, for disciplinary actions.
- Education: University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Agriculture, Food Technology, Transportation Management Technology, or related field.
- Job experience: 10 – 15 years of solid, practical, and working knowledge of food logistics or refrigerated transportation services in Nigeria.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and another local language.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, as performance monitoring will be done every quarter.
- Excellent computer skills.
All interested individuals should submit a one-page Letter of Motivation and a very well detailed CV to – email@example.com not later than, Friday 12th February, 2021.