The Enugu State Government has announced an adjustment on the 24-hour curfew imposed in Enugu East, Enugu North and Enugu South Local Councils of the state.
According to a statement, yesterday, by the state’s Commissioner for Information, Nnanyelugo Chidi Aroh, the adjustment became necessary following the hardship caused on the residents in Enugu metropolis in the face of the #ENDSARS protests.
Aroh, who stated that the 24-hour curfew imposed in the councils had been lifted with effect from 7:00 a.m., yesterday, (Sunday, October 25, 2020), said that in its place, a 13-hour curfew (6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) daily had been imposed until further notice.
ALSO, Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State has relaxed the 24-hour statewide curfew.
According to him, it is now to run from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
He said his decision was informed by the gradual return to normalcy in the state.
In a broadcast, at the weekend, Uzodimma also announced the approval and immediate release of N2 billion out of N6 billion intervention fund for the youths in the state to propel them for skills’ programme.
He said: “My esteemed Imo youths, you will recall that during my interface with you, I assured you of a dedicated empowerment package as part of my administration’s determination to address your needs. I am glad to announce to you therefore that my government has approved an immediate release of a take-off fund of N2 billion for an accelerated youth empowerment programme.”
IN the same vein, Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano has eased the 24-hour curfew imposed in the state following the #EndSARS protest by youths.
Obiano, who disclosed this during a Radio/Television broadcast, yesterday, said the curfew would now begin from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily to enable people gradually return to their normal lives after the unrest recorded in some parts of the state.
He reiterated his earlier call on youths in the state to unite and guard their communities, saying that the security agencies have been strengthened and will continue to maintain peace and order in the state.
The governor said that intelligence reports indicated that those creating troubles in the state were from neighbouring states.
Meanwhile, the state’s Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment, C. Don Adinuba, has refuted rumours that all six truckloads of foodstuff were hijacked by hoodlums who considered them palliatives for Anambra people.
In a statement yesterday, Adinuba maintained that four out of the six truckloads of foodstuff meant for four local councils in Anambra State submerged by flood had reached their destinations.