After listing these entertainers, the readers will vote their favourite on a pool that will count for 70% of the total points while the number of headlines will count for the other 30%.
The winner will be presented with the maiden edition of Otown Gist Personality of the Year Award next month.
The award is one way to encourage entertainers to always be on news, which is actually one way people will get to see the depth of their personality.
Below is a list of 5 entertainers while voting will commence on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 to end on Thursday, December 5, 2013.
Voting will be done on www.otowngist.com and would be one user per vote.
Note that following ranging does not decide the order of the poll.
This talented rapper made the highest headline in 2013 on www.otowngist.com for both the good, bad and ugly reasons.
LMG is one artiste who failed to release a good number of singles he announce and always making a counter announcement that the songs will not be dropping for personal reasons.
He was the first to release a diss track that made waves in the state after which he was highly criticized for the second one where he mentioned the names of artistes, even those who are considered to be his friends.
Aside the bad news, LMG adorned his name with good music like Once upon a time ft Xcelo Maxmelo, Illuminate with KLarge ft Xcelo Maxmelo, and the latest being a hit, One bottle where he featured Ruffcoin.
He was also on the news when rapper turned singer, Keony tilted his sing ‘wambo wambo (An LMG’s funeral)’ in response to what he considered an insult from the rapper to other artistes.
Good or bad reasons. LMG sits at the top with the highest headline for reasons I am very sure the fans enjoyed.
Indirectly he was always on the news every month for what he has orchestrated.
When Deejay Saquo wanted to start Star Nite, people thought he was joking while others thought he was going to hit the rock like the failed Artiste Night organized by TFOnly.
He consistently held the event for the ninth time, a feat no other has ever achieved in the town.
Deejay Saquo has also been on headlines for reasons aside Star Nite, with one of them being an interview where declare that he has many girlfriends.
He has been calm for the year doing his possible best to stay away from scandals.
Coming out from what would be considered as nowhere, Floxy’s first headline was a declaration that she was going to hit the scene like a storm and so far she has lived up to that statement by emerging as one of the finest female artistes based in the Imo State as well as entire South East.
Floxy so far has just two singles, songs that have earned her love for her vocal display which has so far had no rival in the state.
She is on the list as the only female contender for the award, having scooped a good number of headlines more than a good number of her male counterparts this year.
Will her gender be an advantage or a disadvantage? A big question her fellow ladies would have to be answering as well as one her male fans, friends and admirers can also answer and turn what seem to be her disadvantages to advantage.
Should she be voted by the readers, it will be the most fruitful year for the singer who is still considered as budding.
He was on the news when he declared that record labels are in tussle for his signature and even though no deal has been penned down by the rapper cum singer, he is still on course with his career.
Acharaman who made our list of 10 most gifted rappers in the state was also on the news for the bad reason like LMG, when his fans and friends hammered him on facebook for a post that reads ‘I miss my girlfriend’.
So many things were said about him this year and in all we are very sure our readers enjoyed stories on the Mbaise born artiste.
Does Acharaman have what it takes to win Otown Gist Personality of the Year Award?
A question his fans and entire readers will have to prove in their votes.
Tagged the Music Machine, the Hot 99.5 FM Owerri presenter completes the list to 5 with the regular post of his radio show, Nigeria Top 10.
With some goods songs in the state making his chart, Sammy Davis has inspired artistes in the state as well as entertains a large number of his audience in the state via his programmes.
The Ever busy light skinned father, last year declared that 24 hours was not enough for the work he has to do in a day and we would be watching how far his work rate will take him on this poll.
Sammy Davis joins Deejay Saquo as the next on-air personnel on the list and it would be lovely to see the military minded presenter going home with the award. Although that will be for the readers to decide.
Voting starts November 20, 2013 to end on Thursday, December 5, 2013 and this link will automatically activate on the opening day.